We just got back from a great trip to Texas, where we celebrated my dad's 60th birthday (that's me with my sister). I put together a slideshow with pictures and music and if you'd like to see it, click the "Continue Reading" link below. I also got to :
- Visit a famous Austin dance hall called the Broken Spoke, which I had never been to before. It was a great experience. They pledged allegiance to the flag before the music started...when was the last time I did that? At a dance hall? I got to request a song I had been singing in my head earlier in the day, "Swervin' in My Lane" by Robert Earl Keen and the band played it.
- Visit the Blue Bell Creamery in Brenham, TX.
- Catch some other really great ice cream at Amy's. From a guy who threw it to me. Across the street. From the roof of a building.
- Watch the most incredible finish of any football game I've ever watched.
- Do other fun things with my family and old friends. And I ran into two other friends I hadn't seen in years when I was out and about; I love it when that happens. More pictures posted soon.